This crackers is usually made for accompaniment of Pecal, but it is nice just to have it as a snack any time of the day. when I was little, I loved to eat this with just steam rice. My mother's is the best.
250 gr Peanuts, roasted, peeled and halved
2 Whole eggs
300 ml Coconut milk
250 ml Water
20 Kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced
500 gr Rice flour
Oil to fry
Salt to taste
50 gr Garlic
3 tbsp Dried shrimp (optional)
20 gr Shallots
2 tbsp Coriander seeds
- Put (B) into a blender and grind until fine.
- Mix well with ingredient (A), taste the salt.
- Heat the oil on a wok
- Take a ladle at a time of the mixture into a small bowl, add two tbsp of peanut ( this is to avoid the peanuts getting soft) mix well.
- When the oil is hot enough, take a table spoon of the above mixture and spread it along side the wok. Keep doing it until the wok is full. Fry until golden. Drip dry or put on kitchen paper.
- Repeat this until the mixture is finish.
- Leave it to cool and store in an air tight jar.